Bateson Business Broker Bios / Meet Our Team!
Orlando Business Broker - Owner / Principle Broker
Brian Bateson - Working broker, business appraiser, intermediary and coordinator
Brian Bateson graduated from the University of Iowa in 1976. He has been married for more than thirty-five years and is the father of two wonderful adults and has two grandsons and three granddaughters. After college, he and his wife Janet, worked as biologists in Guanacaste, Costa Rica under a National Science Foundation Grant.
With the impending birth of their daughter near, and the Grant finished, Brian chose a career in Medical Sales. Over his twenty-year career, in medical capital equipment sales, he earned numerous awards and was the number one sales representative for a major ultrasound imaging manufacturer. In his final employment he was in charge of international marketing and joint ventures, human resources, company stock liaison, environmental compliance manager, and on the EPA Board for regulation of Pyrolysis.
He became interested in Business Brokerage after thoroughly researching the career and began practicing in June 1997. He received his Broker's license in 1998 and soon formed his own corporation. During his lifetime he has had considerable training in interpersonal relations and negotiating; skills that are a perfect fit for business brokerage. He has been a machinist, private investigator, pilot, scuba diver, sculptor, businessman and enjoys all sports. Working in the diverse field of business brokerage allows him to utilize his skills to build harmonious buyer/seller working relationships.
- 1976 graduate of the University of Iowa, Bachelor's of Art
- 1977-1978 Costa Rica biology research assistant for the University of Iowa
- 1978-1996 Capital Medical Equipment Sales
- 1997 Florida Licensed Real Estate Associate
- 1997-Present Business Broker
- 1999- Florida Licensed Real Estate Broker
- 1999 Formed Bateson Business Brokerage, Inc.
- 2000-2002 Treasurer Central Florida Region of the Florida Business Brokers Association (FBBA)
- 2001 Awarded Certified Florida Business Intermediary by the FBBA
- 2002-2003 President Central Florida Region of the FBBA
- 2002-2008 Member of the International Business Brokers Association, IBBA
- 2003 Member of the Business Brokers of Florida, BBF
- 2003 Awarded designation of Business Certified Intermediary, BCI, by the BBF
- 2004 Member of the Institute of Business Appraisers, IBA
- 2005 Course 8001B "Mastering Appraisal Skills for Valuing Closely Held Business" IBA
- 2005 Course 1010 "Report Writing and Analysis" IBA
- 2007 Vice President Central Florida Chapter of the BBF
- 2008 Vice President Central Florida Chapter of the BBF
- 2009 President Central Florida Chapter of the BBF
- 2010 President Central Florida Chapter of the BBF
- 2011 President Central Florida Chapter of the BBF
- 2012 President Central Florida Chapter of the BBF
- 2013 President Central Florida Chapter of the BBF
- 2014 President Central Florida Chapter of the BBF
- 2007 to Present / State Board Member: Business Brokers of Florida (BBF)
- 2015 to Present Vice President Business Brokers of Florida
Bateson Business Brokerage - Associates
Noel Calas - Asssociate Intermediary Consultant Bi-Lingual English & Spanish
Noel H. Calas started his professional career in 1975. A graduate from Florida State University, Mr. Calas has a degree in Advertising / Public Relations, and a Masters in Marketing.
In his 30 years in the corporate world, Mr. Calas has held positions from Marketing Representative to Executive Vice President in the Banking, Construction and Information Technology Industries. Mr. Calas retired after 20+ years in the Information Technology Industry as Vice President of a company he helped grow from $27 million to over $350 million, before going public.
Over the years, Mr. Calas has owned several businesses, some that he started, grew and then sold, as well as others, which he bought and grew. Mr. Calas is a family man with a wife and two children, a son a daughter. Noel has high ethical standards and an excellent reputation for dealing honestly and fairly at all times.
- Million Dollar Plus Award; 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 & 2010
- Florida Small Business Development Council (SBDC); Advisory Board Member
Leora Poplawsky - Associate Intermediary & Consultant Multi-Lingual (5 languages)
Leora Poplawsky has more than twenty years experience in all aspects of business. She holds a Bachelor's degree in Economics and Business. Her professional experience includes Comptroller of 12 construction companies in Mexico City and CFO of a multinational agribusiness based in Central Florida.
Ms. Poplawsky has been a business broker for more than a decade, and has been successful in structuring many deals and was FBBA's top producer in 2000. Her training and on hand experience in the business world give her a unique expertise that allows her to identify and work with only those business enterprises that have substance: real value and offer an acceptable rate of return to prospective buyers.
Leora is multi-cultural and speaks five languages. She has strong family values and an impressive record of community service. As a testimony to her contributions to the Seminole County Schools, she was recognized as a member for life of the Florida PTA and has a plaque in Tallahassee. Leora brings to our profession the highest levels of integrity, honesty, and confidentiality.
Blake Bateson - Associate, Intermediary & Consultant
Blake R. Bateson Will be dearly missed at the Bateson Brokerage, a beloved son and valued team member.
Blake became a business broker in 2007 and was awarded a Plaque for Recognition of Outstanding Business Sales for 2008, his first full year. He had considerable sales experience, and was an avid researcher. He volunteered his free time to coach little league wrestling.
Brad Carpenter Business Broker Associate
Brad Carpenter is an experienced financial executive from the banking industry that brings value as a guide to both Buyers and Sellers of businesses. His broad experience in originating over $2 Billion in loan extensions to business owners offers a strong skill set including marketing, underwriting and credit knowledge that allows for a smooth transition. He most recently worked at Wells Fargo for over 18 years as a trusted senior banking advisor. In the Central Florida region, Brad has prominent relationship management experience that spans 30 years. He is dedicated to achieve clients' results by working tirelessly to succeed for both Buyers and Sellers.
Brad holds a BS degree in Civil Engineering from University of Virginia and a MBA from University of North Carolina- Chapel Hill. Additionally, he is recognized as a Certified Concrete Technologist- National Ready Mix Association.
Over his career, Brad has served on Advisory/Civic Boards along with various Associations including:
- Central Florida Commercial Association of Realtors - Executive Board
- NAIOP Central Florida Chapter - Advisory Board member and Treasurer
- NAIOP- Florida - Treasurer and State Board member representing Central Florida
- Homebuilders Association of Central Florida - Development Council Member
- Orlando Economic Development Commission
- Leadership Orlando Graduate - Orlando Chamber of Commerce
- Associated Builder and Contractors of Central Florida
- National Sales Leader - Pittsburgh Corning Corporation
- Corporate Presidents Club and Relationship Manager of the Year - Barnett Bank, N.A.
- National Deposit Leader - Wachovia Bank, N.A
- Relationship Management Award Winner- Homebuilder Division - Wells Fargo, N.A.
Brea Reger Orlando Business Broker Associate
Brea Reger graduated from the University of Central Florida in 2002 with a B.S. Degree in Health Sciences, Psychology and Education. She was the Human Resource Director for a marketing firm from 2002-2008, a gymnastics coach for fifteen years and a teacher for Seminole County for three years.
Brea has competed in diving and gymnastics and also qualified for the 1996 Pan Am Games in diving. She has been married for ten years and has five beautiful children. This has enabled her to be highly motivated and a fantastic multitasker.
Jessica Hadler Baines Orlando Business Broker Associate
Jessica Hadler Baines has offered business brokerage and business visa/immigration services and business start-up consultation since 2006. Recently returning to the US from residing in Dubai, UAE, Jessica also offers consultation services to law firms and other businesses in the UAE.
Having served families abroad wishing to invest in the American economy, Jessica is a strong advocate of E-2 Visa Reform, and focuses on assisting families with their purchases of small businesses who are seeing approval of E-2, L-1 and EB-5 visas to the US. She has worked with families from the UK, Canada, Middle East, Europe and those with duel citizenships from all over the world.
Industries served in the past have included computer repair/IT, property management, architecture, pool and lawn care, transportation/limo businesses, pets, retail and more. Working in partnership with experienced and accredited business brokers across the United States, Jessica can assist clients in all 50 states.
Prior to entering business brokerage, Jess worked extensively with investors in the international real estate market traveling regularly throughout the US, Ireland, United Kingdom and Canada. She also was also a licensed real estate agent when she and her husband resided in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Originally from Columbus, Ohio, Jessica is third-generation real estate broker, beginning with the Hadler Companies, a 68-year-old family-owned commercial real estate brokerage. HADCO owns and operates dozens of shopping centers and small businesses throughout the American Midwest. In 2015, Jessica also obtained her Ohio Real Estate Broker's License.
Jessica is also involved with the following organizations:
United States Dubai Consulate Warden (2015-Present)
International Business Brokers Association (2006-Present)
- Communications Chair (2014)
- Past Membership Committee Member and Moderator
- Speaker and Instructor (2014-Present)
National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB)
- Vice Chair, Florida (2012-2014)
- NFIB Florida Board of Directors (2010-Present)
- NFIB Representative in Tallahassee, Florida and Washington D.C.
Business Brokers of Florida (BBF) and Committees (2006-Present)
- United States Dubai Consulate Warden, 2015 to Present
- Panel speaker for small business owners with former US Governor Jeb Bush, 2012
- Panel speaker with Investment Banker Charles Schwab, 2012 on US business regulation.
- Featured Business Owner for American Express OPEN National Advertising Campaign 2010-2011
- Honoree, Central Florida Cystic Fibrosis Foundation 2010
- Licensed Florida Real Estate Broker #BK3118607
Janet Bateson, Receptionist & Coordinator